Remote managemnet is not on and yet i have access to the rotuer, how is that possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remote managemnet is not on and yet i have access to the rotuer, how is that possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-31 05:50:23
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210719 rel.14861(5553)

I own Archer AX 11000, remote management is off by default and i haven't turned it on. Yet using Tether program on android phone i am still able to access the router while i am not connected to my local network. Can someone explain how that is possible?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote managemnet is not on and yet i have access to the rotuer, how is that possible?
2021-11-01 07:36:07

@Silentlooker 

Hello, the remote management setting on the web GUI is only used for web management, the remote web management is off when it is disabled.

While the service you are inquiring that managing the router via the Tether app is a cloud-based service, which means you are allowed to manage the router remotely when it is linked to your TP-Link cloud account. If you don't want to manage the router remotely, you can just unbind it from your TP-Link cloud account, and you will still be able to manage it locally via the Tether APP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 376

Replies: 1