Kasa Bulb stopped working with Alexa - "there was a problem"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-01 12:33:44 - last edited 2021-11-30 02:32:07
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I have had this bulb in for less than a year, it has worked with no problem until now. It was connected to my Alexa, but now was unresponsive. It does work in the Kasa app, and it was recognized in my Alexa app. It just would not be controlled by Alexa. 

-I reset it completely from alexa and the Kasa app, rejoined everything twice now. 

-It is recognized again in alexa and added back, but it still cannot be controlled by alexa. 

Alexa says "There Was a Problem": when ever I try to turn it on or off from alexa. It works fine in the Kasa app. 

How can i get this to work on alexa again? all my othe butlbs and plugs work fine. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa Bulb stopped working with Alexa - "there was a problem"-Solution
2021-11-02 01:56:06 - last edited 2021-11-30 02:31:13

Hello everyone, 

Thank you all for sharing feedback in regard to ‘ KL125 stopping working with Alexa’ , this issue has been fixed now!

Problem Description: 

Kasa devices (mainly KL125) stopped working with Alexa- error "There was a problem" since 1 November 2021.

Fix :  this concern was fixed on November 2021, try to control kasa devices using Alexa again directly.

NOTE: this thread will be closed after the fix on 2 Nov,2021.  If you  have other concerns with Alexa,  please start a new thread from here or try to some other tips shared in the forum. Thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
25 Reply
Re:Kasa Bulb stopped working with Alexa - "there was a problem"
2021-11-01 13:53:35

@daniellew I have the same issue, worked actually until today. Went over all my setups and it shows in alexa devices but when I try a voice command on alexa doesn't respond and the alexa app says there is a problem. 

Options
2021-11-01 15:27:02 - last edited 2021-11-01 16:21:28

@AK2134 same problem here. I have a TP-Link WiFi 6 router, 8 KL125 bulbs along with 4 KL130 bulbs; the KL130 bulbs work fine but Alexa doesn't recognize the KL125 bulbs

Hardware V2

Firmware 1.0.7

Options
2021-11-01 16:34:34
Yes it has happened to my two KP 125 bulbs but both my plugs seem to work fine
Options
2021-11-01 16:35:08
yes both of my bulbs have this issue and it just started today
Options
2021-11-01 18:21:52

Same here...All my kitchen bulbs are KL125 P2's and they all are unresponsivle in Alexa app,  Did the whole silly reset this and that and unistall and reinstall and unscrew and rescrew (mind you i have 14 ft ceilings too, not cool even though the kasa app KNOWS the mac address of the bulbs and the bulbs work on the kasa app but still can't connect back to themselve)...hope and pray and cross fingers and no, it doesn't work, the bulbs are not discoverable now in Alexa but Kasa finds them and runs them just fine along with the other bulbs and plugs...thhey all work fine too, just the KL125 DO NOT ANYMORE....so nice and effortless when they work but boy when they don't, they want you to reset everything, and it still doesnt work....

Has to be Kasa's app or software on these particular model bulbs!!!!  KASA, Please let us know whats going on with this?????

Options
2021-11-01 18:47:23

@daniellew 

Same here.  All of my KL125P2's stopped working in my Alexa app today.  They work just fine in the KASA app, but Alexa does not recognize or discover these (after I reset and reinstalled the bulbs and the Alexa app).  

Whatever caused this is NOT impacting my KASA light switches, those all work perfectly fine in the Alexa app, but the light bulbs do not.

@KASA - what's going on?  What happened with the Alexa integration for the bulbs?

Options
2021-11-01 18:56:47

@theJedi  same problem here.  8 KL125 bulbs stopped responding to Alexa. Other TP-Link Kasa switches and outlets are working fine. Also other bulbs (not Kasa) are OK too. ????

Options
2021-11-01 19:06:31

@Stmo My kasa LB130's work just fine... Just the KL125's are NOT working...  Has top be a issue with the bulbs firmware, they need to push out an update for them that has a fix for this i guess...?

Options
2021-11-01 19:08:53
Same exact issue here, it must be Kasa. I hope they reply and fix this!
Options
2021-11-01 19:12:51
I think its an alexa issue in my opinion. Since it just happened like today or so. I let amazon know. Please chat with amazon and let them know. So they can get a fix in.
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 3022

Replies: 25

Related Articles