Deco P9 + Ikea TRÅDFRI Integration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-06 16:40:52 - last edited 2021-11-10 13:32:56
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

Hi, 

Currently I have 6 Deco P9s in my house. 
I bought some TRÅDFRI Wireless control outlets to control devices around my house. 
Currently I can't control the TRÅDFRI devices if I'm not connected to the AP that's connected directly to the TRÅDFRI Gateway.
I can connect to the TRÅDFRI Gateway through every AP but not the TRÅDFRI devices, they appear disabled on the Ikea Home app. 

Any help appreciated on how to fix this issue so I can control the devices from any AP.

Current Configuration 
Operation Mode: Access Point
Fast Roaming: Enabled
Beamforming: Enabled 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 + Ikea TRÅDFRI Integration -Solution
2021-11-10 13:32:36 - last edited 2021-11-10 13:32:56

@TP-Link 

I figured out the issue, was a misunderstanding from me on how the Ikea Trådfri Smart home ecosystem works.

I connect to the Trådfri gateway through the Deco Network with my iPhone. 

Once the Gateway receives the command it issues the request through the Zigbee network. 
My issue was the Gateway wasn't close enough to the control outlets, I thought originally the requests were sent to the outlet through the Wifi. 
I moved the Gateway to a more central location in my house and it solved my problem. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P9 + Ikea TRÅDFRI Integration
2021-11-08 02:38:04

@maycamera 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Currently, I have seen 4 feedback cases about Ikea TRÅDFRI Integration.

One old thread(https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/228672) had some similarities about your case but it is more related to the remote control of Ikea devices.

For your case, could you please help me check the following details:

1. All the AP you mentioned here are Deco units, right?

So more specifically, it is more like:

Ikea TRÅDFRI Gateway is wired to satellite unit-1 and all Ikea outlets are connected to the gateway. When the smartphone is connected to satellite unit-1, the Ikea home hub APP is ok to find and control the gateway and outlets. While when the smartphone is connected to the rest of the 5 Deco units, the home hub APP could still see the gateway but no longer able to see the control the outlets.

2. Back to the pictures you have attached" the outlet is gray-out". Was that what you saw when the smartphone was not connected to the same satellite unit-1 as Ikea Gateway?

Thank you again.

Options
2021-11-08 18:26:13

@TP_ 

Now I can't replicate the issue.
Initially I thought I had to be connected to the main deco but that doesn't appear to be true after further testing. 

All the devices are Deco P9

The Ikea control outlets appears to randomly disconnect.

I'll test for another 48 hrs to see if I can replicate the issue.

Options
2021-11-09 00:58:08

@maycamera 

Thank you very much and please feel free to let me know the further update.

Options
Re:Deco P9 + Ikea TRÅDFRI Integration -Solution
2021-11-10 13:32:36 - last edited 2021-11-10 13:32:56

@TP-Link 

I figured out the issue, was a misunderstanding from me on how the Ikea Trådfri Smart home ecosystem works.

I connect to the Trådfri gateway through the Deco Network with my iPhone. 

Once the Gateway receives the command it issues the request through the Zigbee network. 
My issue was the Gateway wasn't close enough to the control outlets, I thought originally the requests were sent to the outlet through the Wifi. 
I moved the Gateway to a more central location in my house and it solved my problem. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 393

Replies: 4

Related Articles