Deco M9 in Access Point mode interferes with FIOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-07 12:41:31
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.9.44

I have a large home where I have configured 6 Deco M9s via Ethernet cables in Access Point mode. I have found that in Access Point mode the system interferes with Fios and even more with Fios movie streaming. If I switch to Wireless mode FIOS is fine but  I think Deco internet suffers.  Any help would be appreciated.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M9 in Access Point mode interferes with FIOS
2021-11-07 14:17:59

@Gomez1187 

You will need to give more specifics on the Router used. And exactly how everything is connected and configured.  Them someone may be able to assist. 

eg. router to primary Deco Node via Ethernet, then to a switch, then downstream Deco satellites connected via Ethernet and some connected via WiFi. 

And when you say configured as AP versus Wireless what exactly are you meaning? 

Options
2021-11-07 14:49:14

@Gomez1187 

It is a Verizon Fios Router (Model 3100, H/W version 1104) connected to Deco M9 Main which is connected to a TP-link 16 port Gigabit Switch (Model SG116).  All Deco M9s are hardwired via Ethernet. All M9 firmware is up to date. I want to set "Operation Mode" to  "Access Point" but when I do my Fios Tv starts to pixelate and really breaks up when streaming via Fios box. If I set "Operation Mode" to Wireless, Fios will stream normally.

Options
2021-11-08 07:30:15 - last edited 2021-11-08 07:44:51

@Gomez1187 

Hi,  thank you very much for your feedback.

Is your network topology like:

Verizon FIOS ONT-----FIOS G3100-----main M9-----TL-SG116----other satellite Deco units?

--if yes, how about your set-top box(or FIOS TV box), is it connected via coaxial cable to the ONT or via Wi-Fi to the FIOS router?

And the “wireless “mode here, I guess you meant the wireless router mode of Deco, right?

Options
2021-11-08 12:22:55

@TP-Link 

'That is the correct topology. Fios TV is Moca over COAX. "Wireless vs "Access Point' is the DECO system operating mode where "Wireless" is mesh WiFi network and "Access Point" is Ethernet hardwired Deco units.

Options
2021-11-09 01:27:52

@Gomez1187 

Thank you for getting back to me.

I might need to follow up on your case by email and please check your email box later.

Were you able to reproduce the same issue all the time?

At the same time, please try to turn off the fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP when Deco is on the access point mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 5