VSX-930 AMP Keeps Disconnecting from Deco Master

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-07 23:42:50 - last edited 2021-11-15 02:51:55
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

We have recently set up 3 Deco Mesh units, where our main Deco plugs into our Vodafone router.

Before we set these up, our VSX-930 AMP was wired directly into the modem, so when we were on wi-fi, I was able to connect to the Amp via an app (icontrolAV5) and see the Amp when on Spotify.   The Amp is now wired directly into the main Deco, which means when we are on the Deco network, I can see the Amp both in the icontrolAV5 app and on spotify.   The problem is, the AMP disconnects after a couple of hours, so when I go back into spotify/icontrolAV5 app, it is no longer connected.  I have to restart the Amp manually to get it to reconnect to the Deco.   This did not happen (and does not happen) when connected directly to our modem.   The problem with connecting directly to the modem, is that it is then on a different network and can't be seen when my device is on the Deco network.

Is there some setting on the Deco which keeps the connection to the Amp?   Why would it disconnect on the Deco after a time period and it doesn't on the modem?

If that can't be answered, can I reconnect the Amp back to the modem, and then rename the Deco network to what it is called on the modem....or vice versa...so that both networks are called the same?   Will this then effectively provide two networks called the same for devices to connect to?   How would a device be sure to connect to the Deco network and not Modem network?

Very frustrating....ideally I want all devices connecting to the Deco network, but just cant see what is causing the Amp hard-wired connection to keep disconnecting...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VSX-930 AMP Keeps Disconnecting from Deco Master-Solution
2021-11-12 02:28:44 - last edited 2021-11-15 02:51:55

@TP-Link 

hi I connected the amp to the deco using wps and it is holding the connection.  The direct wired method from amp to deco still does not work, disconnects after an hour or so

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:VSX-930 AMP Keeps Disconnecting from Deco Master
2021-11-08 06:35:49

@lidsurfer 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

Have you checked on the Deco APP whether the AMP is displayed online all the time?

Or would you please connect the AMP via cable to one of the satellite units, instead of the main Deco?

If the issue still existed, please try to change the operation mode on the Deco to be access point mode.

Options
2021-11-08 19:47:03
Yes I have checked the App and can see the Amp goes offline after an hour or so. I am unable to connect the AMP to a satellite unit as they are at the other ends of the house in bedrooms, the AMP is in the lounge where the incoming fiber is with the modem. Wouldn't changing the Main Deco to an Aceess point stop any of the parental controls working? At the moment, I have reconnected the Amp back to the modem and it is holding the internet connection. The problem now is that the network from the modem is different from the network from the deco (which my mobile phone connects to)...so the Amp is on a different network, which means if I want to control it or use it from my mobile phone, I need to change from my deco network to the modem network so that I can see the Amp. The other thing I have tried, is disabling the Wifi from the modem and plugging the Amp directly into Deco....so that there is only the Deco wifi network....but that does not work, the Amp still disconnects after some time.
Options
2021-11-09 02:13:34

@lidsurfer 

Thank you for getting back to me.

I would like to follow up on your case by email for further assistance.

At the same time, May I know how often did this issue repeat within one day?

Options
2021-11-09 02:23:12

@TP-Link it repeats as often as I force the amp to reset and reconnect...then it disconnects an hour so later...and when I try to connect again via the icontrolAV5 app (amp app on my phone) or through Spotify, the amp is no longer connected on the deco network.   When I manually turn amp off and on again it will reconnect to the deconetwork and I can then see it again through app and Spotify (for an hour). 

Options
2021-11-09 06:23:10

@lidsurfer 

Thank you for your update.

Your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already and please have a check of your email box for further assistance.

Options
2021-11-12 01:50:25

@lidsurfer 

Hi, Jared,

I was informed by the engineers that you have fixed this issue.

Could you please share with us what happened and how you fixed the problem?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:VSX-930 AMP Keeps Disconnecting from Deco Master-Solution
2021-11-12 02:28:44 - last edited 2021-11-15 02:51:55

@TP-Link 

hi I connected the amp to the deco using wps and it is holding the connection.  The direct wired method from amp to deco still does not work, disconnects after an hour or so

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 582

Replies: 7

Related Articles