Updating Security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Updating Security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Updating Security
Updating Security
2021-11-10 04:47:58 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:32:18
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: N/A

Hello, I would like to preface this question by saying that I am using the tether app and I do not know where to check for the hardware/firmware versions. The model number is correct, however. My question is, how can I change the security of my range extender from WPA/WPA2 to a WPA2/WPA3 configuration? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Updating Security-Solution
2021-11-12 03:50:12 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:32:18

@Quazar 

Please check WPA3-compatible devices here:   https://www.tp-link.com/wpa3/product-list/

Note: If your model is not listed above, that means it currently does not support WPA3.

Range extender synchronizes the wireless security type of main router (RE needs support that security type first), so you could change router's wireless security type first and then reset and reconfigure the extender. If your RE model does not support WPA3 yet, I recommend WPA2/WPA3 mixed (AES) or WPA2(AES) on main router. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Updating Security-Solution
2021-11-12 03:50:12 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:32:18

@Quazar 

Please check WPA3-compatible devices here:   https://www.tp-link.com/wpa3/product-list/

Note: If your model is not listed above, that means it currently does not support WPA3.

Range extender synchronizes the wireless security type of main router (RE needs support that security type first), so you could change router's wireless security type first and then reset and reconfigure the extender. If your RE model does not support WPA3 yet, I recommend WPA2/WPA3 mixed (AES) or WPA2(AES) on main router. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 1

Related Articles