Ethernet Backhaul wifi issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-11 16:40:17
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 59387

Hello,

I am having issues with my satellite deco after I connect an ethernet backhaul to it.  Let me try and explain my issue.  I have the 3 pack Deco M9 plus. 

The main deco is located on the main floor

The 2nd deco is in the basement

The 3rd deco is upstairs in bedroom.

I ran an ethernet cable from main deco to the deco upstairs for an ethernet backhaul.  Once I did this, the wifi speed from the bedroom deco went from 270mbps to 90mpbs.  This only happens when I am connected to the bedroom deco.  I then tried to connect to the main deco and the basement deco and I am getting 270mbps.  I then went and disconnected the ethernet backhaul and tried reconnecting to the bedroom deco and the wifi speed went back up to 270mbps.  I tried calling TP Link support and they aren't much help.

This only happens to the wifi connection for the bedroom deco if I connect the ethernet backhaul.  When I connect hardwire to the bedroom deco then I am getting gigabit speed.  I hope I am making sense.  Can anyone help me with this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul wifi issue
2021-11-12 06:09:57

@taichimaster 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I checked your ticket record and I had no idea about what might cause this issue either.

So I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers directly.

Please check the email for further updates later.

Options