2nd ethernet port is not working when plugging CAT6 cable into laptop or Fire TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2nd ethernet port is not working when plugging CAT6 cable into laptop or Fire TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-15 17:44:35 - last edited 2021-11-18 07:32:21
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hi,

I've tried plugging an ethernet cable into the deco M5 to connect to my laptop and fire TV to no avail. I've also tried switching cables and that hasn't worked either. Looking at some of the other queries on the forum, I also tried changing the DNS on the Deco but am unable to do it on my wired devices; i've turned off/on the IPTV and that hasn't worked either. Really struggling at this point and wondering if I just need to buy a new router to fix the issue. 

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:2nd ethernet port is not working when plugging CAT6 cable into laptop or Fire TV-Solution
2021-11-17 12:14:15 - last edited 2021-11-18 07:32:21

@TP-Link thanks so much for your suggestions. I came to find out that the ethernet cords were both bad and when I got two additional ones, they both worked. Thanks for taking the time to respond again!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:2nd ethernet port is not working when plugging CAT6 cable into laptop or Fire TV
2021-11-16 02:18:30

@HTA8621 

Hi,

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please make sure there is no device under Deco APP>More>Blacklist.

2. Check whether there is a static IP configuration on the laptop and TV.

3. Check the IP settings on the laptop when it got IP from DHCP, such as:

4.Then please connect the laptop to one of the satellite unit and check whether you could get internet service from Ethernet connection.

Please let me know whether these suggestions helped.

Options
Re:2nd ethernet port is not working when plugging CAT6 cable into laptop or Fire TV-Solution
2021-11-17 12:14:15 - last edited 2021-11-18 07:32:21

@TP-Link thanks so much for your suggestions. I came to find out that the ethernet cords were both bad and when I got two additional ones, they both worked. Thanks for taking the time to respond again!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 601

Replies: 2