TP-Link Archer C6 - ping lags

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-17 14:20:12

My internet provider changed wifi routers to TP-LINK model: archer C6. - AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO gigabit router.

I have 2 wifi routers in our flat. One main router (master) and the second which is set like acces point. From the second router i have lan cabel to my PC. 

After this change, i have problem in games with ping. When Iam testing my ping via some page or command line its ok. 

Whats happening: During games, i have every 20 seconds lets say ping spikes. From 20ms it shoot to 80-100ms and back. During playing its very unpleasantly. 

Its happening on more devices, so its not problem of my PC. Also I bought new lan cables and still lagging with that. Also its happening in more games. 

I already contact my provider, he said he changed something in router settings and its should be ok, but its not. Before this change to new routers was everything ok. 

Have anyone of you faced the same problem? Or do you have some points which can help me? (wifi adapter settings).

Thankf for any help!

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C6 - ping lags
2021-11-18 02:45:35 - last edited 2021-11-18 02:46:42

@MartinV10 

Hello, what kind of games are you playing? Generally in gaming, any amounts below a ping of 20ms are considered exceptional and “low ping,” amounts between 50ms and 100ms range from very good to average, so that is not bad. But if it does affect the gaming, that may be confusing.

Please check this article and tell me how did you test ping and see if the issue will be optimized by following the suggestions:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2723/

You can try configuring a DNS server on the main C6, such as 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1, then reboot the main C6 and the AP one, connect again to the network to confirm.

Options
2021-11-18 11:24:12

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for reply.

As you said, my ping is "good". When Iam testing it on page internerconnection i have stable 8ms ping, which is great. On the website there are now peaks showed, also in cmd is stable ping

But when I join the games (csgo, rocket league..) I have still about lets say 30-40 ping ms. But after 10 seconds it shoot to lets say 90-100ms and then back to 30. I understand that 90 is still ok, but in game it makes me teleporting while this happening and its not nice. 

I tried change dns to 8.8.8.8 and its lagging even more...

And its weird that on the old one router it was ok and now its trash..Provider doesnt know what to do, so iam trying this forum. 

Options
2021-11-19 06:15:00

@MartinV10 

Are you connecting to the main router or the AP when playing games (csgo, rocket league..)? Try connecting to the main router directly, and monitor the performance first.

You can also install the beta firmware in the following thread to disable Onemesh on the Archer C6, then confirm if it will help improve the situation:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/271574

Options
2021-11-19 06:24:50

@Kevin_Z 

Iam Connected to the second router, but i also tried connected to the main router and its happening too.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 967

Replies: 4