Deco m5 mixed backhaul solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-18 01:57:36
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm new to deco hardware. I've been using google wifi in full mesh and not verfy satisfied with the speeds and range. To be fair, the setup isn't very optimal either as the house has thick walls and the router and the living room are on opposite sides of the house. What intrigued me about the deco is you can use mixed backhaul. I haven't found a solution for my use case, so I thought I'd throw it out there. 

The internet drop is in the office, but doesn't have coax. The closest  coax drop is in the master bedroom which is across the hallway.

The living room is on the opposite side of the house where I plan to have the 2nd AP and connect to the master via coax. I may have to have a 3rd AP to serve the kitchen if the AP in the master or living room can't serve it reliably.

I'm just hoping I will get a better experience with the deco's and have a deco in the office and the living room and call it a day.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco m5 mixed backhaul solution
2021-11-18 07:31:20

@deco5 

Hi, based on the picture, the connection displayed seemed quite reasonable, and have you installed the Deco units according to the pictures?

If yes, how about the speed around the house.

And if you haven't got Deco M5 yet, I would suggest you could consider Deco M9 plus.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco m5 mixed backhaul solution
2021-11-18 08:30:25

@TP-Link 

This will be for my inlaws place, I got the m5's yesterday. I won't be able to test it out til next week. 

I'll have to see if I can emulate this at my place

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 2

Related Articles