Guest Networking not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-23 22:31:13
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210722 Rel. 65801

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing clients counts past 10 cannot connect to the guest network when using the Deco X90. I'm wanting to use the guest network to segment my IoT devices from the main network. I was coming from a flat network that contained all my devices connected to the same network and SSID. I completely removed my existing mesh network equipment and started to deploy six of the Deco X90s. I first created a brand new SSID and password for my new main nextwork. I then created a guest network with the same SSID and password as my original network that all of my IoT devices are configured for. What I noticed was the DHCP server would say there are roughly 60+ IP address leases, which is roughly the amount of wifi IoT devices I have, but the list would only show around 8-10 devices connected. I would try to connect my phone to the guest network with the password and it would not connect and all of my cameras and lights that were not on the list did not work. I'm assuming they couldn't establish connection to the guest network. 

I then got rid of the guest network and changed the new SSID and password to my original SSID and password and all of my devices seamlessly connected to the network with no issues. I chatted with support and they kept asking me the OS and versions of my devices, but I kept telling them that's not the issue as they can all successfully connect to the main network. They keep telling me that it can handel 120 devices, even though the box says over 200, but I think there is an issue with the number of clients that can connect to the guest network. Maybe they didn't think that the guest network would need to handle more than 10 devices and built it to be for temporary users that may come visit for a short time, but I want to use it to isolate all of my IoT devices from the main network and I will need it to support 100+ clients. 

Is anyone else having issues connecting large amounts of clients to the guest network for the Deco X90?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guest Networking not working
2021-11-24 02:30:41

@PXG 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I will have a check of the chat record and make a note for the senior engineers.

In the meantime, I see your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already and please check the email for further assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 544

Replies: 1

Related Articles