X68 disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X68 disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
X68 disconnecting
X68 disconnecting
2021-11-24 02:27:51
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210520 Rel 63364

We recently replaced our m9 deco setup with the x68 and are running into issues where the x68 would go offline (red indicator) randomly. These are placed in the same location as our m9 deco setup which were running without issues. I've also noticed that if I run a few speed tests, this would potentially trigger the x68 satellite to show a red light. It would then come back online shortly. Are there any known issues that are causing the random disconnects? 

To test, I hooked back up my m9 deco to the main router and hardwired an ethernet cable to one x68 unit and then connected another x68 in a different room on the same floor. I added a m9 deco on the second floor. I was able to notice that the two x68 would go offline but the two m9s remained connected all the time and i was able to access the internet on the devices that were connected to the m9.

Options
4 Reply
Re:X68 disconnecting
2021-11-24 03:13:40

@Chrisx68 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know how is your internet service provider and how about the model number of your ISP modem?

As for the internet connection type, I guess you are on the dynamic IP connection?

When Deco X3600(I guess your model is X3600 which is US exclusive, not Deco X68) worked as the main Deco, both the main unit and satellite unit would turn red and drop the connection, right?

Will they also come back to green automatically?

How often would the connection drop? 3-4 times per day?

Later I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check whether you could get an email from me.

Thank you again.

Options
2022-01-05 02:23:57

@TP-Link 

I'm on verizon fios and I currently have a deco m9 plus connected directly to the fios ONT (G-211M-C). Here is how I currently have it set up: 

the m9 deco is directly connected to the verizon ONT. I have an ethernet cable from the m9 deco to the x3600 at the other end of the house. I have a m9 deco on the 1st floor and a separate x3600 on the 2nd floor. This set up works like 90%. It looks like when there is a large download or upload, the x3600s would both disconnect but the m9 decos would still remain online. The m9 decos remain green but the two x3600 would be red when this happens. After a few minutes, the two x3600 would then be connected again with the green led.

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

second fl   |    x3600 (wireless)             |                                               |                                         |                                                                |

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first floor   |                                                                                                         M9 Deco (wireless)

basement | verizon ONT ---> m9 deco  |                                             |                                          |                                  x3600 (1)              |                       

ethernet  <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Options
2022-01-05 03:10:54

@Chrisx68 

Hi, thank you very much for getting back to me.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please check whether you have got an email from us.

Options
2022-05-31 00:03:09

@Chrisx68 

I have also been experiencing drops from the X68 periodically. It seems like almost every afternoon while working from home I lose internet connection briefly. I also have occasional issues with the wifi on my TV that is in the next room from x68 tower. At first I started thinking it was work that was dropping in the afternoon but when my TV started having issues I suspected it was the x68. I have only owned it for a little over 3 months and at first it was awesome. With a 1G ISP line, I thought this would be a great upgrade. I had an old Google WiFi and never had a problem with drops and my wifi TV never had an issue. I hope tp-link has a solution for this. I hope there is a firmware upgrade or something that will fix this issue. This product has some much potential but the occasional drops are really bad especially when trying to work from home.  I don't always get the red indicator light. It will show green but the wifi will fluctuate all the way from 1G down to 117M with me sitting in the same spot and not moving. It is starting to occur more frequently like almost every afternoon when I am working from home.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 515

Replies: 4

Related Articles