c5400x QoS Log turning on by itself?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-24 19:44:42
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20191233

Hello all,

I don't use QoS on my router and it's never on however in the logs, it says QoS service Start .... see below.

I have noticed some slowdowns as well, could this be the issue? Is this a bug?

could QoS refer to WMM?

Options
6 Reply
Re:c5400x QoS Log turning on by itself?
2021-11-25 02:36:38

@xrsenal 

Hello, I found you also asked on the global community, I will try to answer again here.

Even though you didn't enable QoS manually, there could be still cases that it will set the bandwidth for the network automatically when you running speedtest on the router web UI, and that's why we always ask you to review the QoS settings and ensure the bandwidth is not configured incorrectly as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3069/

If you don't want to manually configure the bandwidth on the router, please try resetting the router to factory defaults, reconfigure it from scratch, don't run speedtest or change any other advanced settings on the router, confirm again if you can get a normal speed by running speedtest on the computer that is connected to the router.

Options
2021-11-25 02:45:46

@Kevin_Z Hiya!

I did not even touch QoS. The speedtest ran by itself upon setup I believe.

the only other advanced setup I turned off was IGMP Proxy. 

Manually setting it to 1000/1000 would still cause these issues?

Options
2021-11-25 08:48:32

@Kevin_Z 

so should I be using the latest firmware or the beta fix? 

And should I keep checking the logs to make sure that QoS don't keep popping up?

Surprised you guys haven't pushed out a fix for this tbh but all good.

Options
2021-11-25 10:04:27

@xrsenal 

You could try to manually configure the download and upload bandwidth on the router, choose Standard mode, and ensure there is no device in the high priority, reboot the router and test the speed again on a computer.

Which beta firmware are you referring to? I will need to confirm what is used for.

Options
2021-11-25 20:50:48

@Kevin_Z 

hello Kevin.

I have followed your instructions to the T.

same issue, I still the QoS in the log.

I manually set it to max bandwidth values as well. This is definitely a bug.

Options
2021-11-26 09:21:21

@xrsenal 

Service Start doesn't mean it is enabled, it just means the service/program is running, it will not affect the speed. After you made the configuration as I mentioned on the router, is the speed normal? Be sure that the download and upload speed is correct, Standard mode and no device in priority, reboot the router then confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 657

Replies: 6