Deco network issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco network issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco network issues
Deco network issues
2021-11-25 02:27:19 - last edited 2021-11-25 02:29:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 build 20210819

Good day. I am having issues connecting to websites when I use a particular ISP. When I do speedtests, ookla says there is a socket error. The connection error come and goes.  Sometimes everything is fine and other times websites don't load. I've been having this issue for a couple of months. I've had the system for a couple of years and never had issues like this before.

There are no issues when my PC is directly connected to the modem router. I also have a backup ISP and there are no issues using my network with the backup.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco network issues
2021-11-25 03:02:12

@EricT 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

As for your case, could you please help me check more details:

1. Did all the Deco work under access point or wireless router mode?

2. Can I have a screenshot of the error message about the socket error when you run the speed test?

3. When you mentioned ”sometimes websites don’t load”, do you mean all websites or just several of them?

--Did Deco turn red when it happened?

4. May I know how is your backup ISP?

5. How often did this issue repeat?

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Options
2021-11-25 03:34:02

@TP-Link 

1. Wireless router mode

2. Attached

3. All websites don't load. It says error connection timed out. None of the decos turn red.

4. I'm in the Philippines. My backup ISP is PLDT 200mbps fiber connection and my primary is ConvergeICT 800mbps. Network works fine when I use the backup.

5. It happens all the time. It comes and goes. When I reboot the network it works fine for a few minutes and then the problems pops up. 

Options
2021-11-25 03:37:06
Options
2021-11-25 06:18:41

@EricT 

Hi, Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check the email for further updates.

Options
2021-11-25 07:53:24

@TP-Link 

thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 820

Replies: 5

Related Articles