5ghz band no longer works after latest firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-25 19:55:12
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello - 

Today I logged into my AX10 to check some settings out - noticed that there was an available update. Updated the firmware, and upon rebooting the 5ghz band was no longer functional. Note: I did not change any settings, I was just looking at the LAN network settings.  The 5ghz SSID broadcasts randomly - meaning sometimes it is available to see, sometimes it is not. Most of the time it is not. If I try to connect to it, I either get a message saying that I cannot connect to it, or I can connect, and there is no internet ONLY on the 5ghz band, then it will randomly disconnect me from the 5ghz ssid. 

I have tried disabling and re-enabling, Restarting the router, resetting to factory settings, downloading the firmware from tplinks website and reinstalling - nothing. I am now forced to use only the 2,4ghz connection. Having spent a decent amount of money on this router- I would like to find a way to be able to fix this issue. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:5ghz band no longer works after latest firmware update
2021-11-26 01:41:28

@Helpmeplz12 

Hello, if you install a Wi-Fi analyzer on the computer, will the 5GHz network of the AX10 show up correctly? Which channel does it work on? You can try different wireless channels for the 5GHz, then check again.

If none works, I would think the firmware update break the 5GHz network, you can contact the local tech support to see if there have other suggestions or help with the replacement:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 1

Related Articles