How do I recover the "router's login password"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-26 01:09:43 - last edited 2021-11-26 01:35:52
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

We set up our TP-Link 1750 (Archer C7) router and followed the directions in the Quick Start guide to connect to the internet and set up an administrator login. A few days later we tried to log in to tplinkwifi.net to add a guest network, but we were not able to login because the ID and password were not recognized; we tried also logging in to the site just using the router PW but that also failed. We used the "Forgot your password" option to reset the password. But when we (successfully) logged in to the cloud manager using the original ID and newly set password it then said the router was not bound to the current TP-Link ID, and said to enter the "router's login password" to bind it. We tried both the router PW on the card that came with the router (which we never changed and have used to connect devices to the network) and the new PW we had just created (which was the same as the one that was not working to log in before), and neither worked. What do we have to do to either recover the "router's login password" or get past this problem so we can manage the network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I recover the "router's login password"
2021-11-30 07:01:40

@DMack 

Hello, we suggest resetting the router to factory defaults first to restore all the settings, then create your own login password and link it to your TP-Link ID as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1366/

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3823

Replies: 1