Apple Music suddenly stops working on Deco network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-26 21:52:08 - last edited 2022-03-15 01:38:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We have (3) M9's and 1 M5 network. I've never had issues with Apple Music on my network.

All of a sudden two days ago, Apple Music has completely stopped working on Wifi or hardwired or across our whole network. I did not change any settings or do any software updates, this was out of the blue. It's consistently not working across iPhone, Macbook, and Echo (Alexa) devices. 

I tried resetting the modem, resetting each Deco device and just now hard wiped each unit and started from scratch. The issue is still happening :(

I've also plugged hard wired directly on my MacBook into the Fiber modem and Apple Music works fine but as soon as I switch to wifi/hardwire via Deco it doesn't work. So it's definitely the Deco's issue, not the internet source.

Any ideas on what else to do to troubleshoot? I am at a loss, especially after wiping the devices and starting over... I am about ready to throw these out and start over! Literally every other website/service except for Apple Music links works fine -- so maddening!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Apple Music suddenly stops working on Deco network-Solution
2022-03-13 20:56:02 - last edited 2022-03-15 01:38:54

@bert123  I often get different problems with this app! The last time even the music didn't want to play. It's good that my friend who sells music promotion services helped me. One solution that works for me for any problem I may have with the device is to restart it. The reason why Apple Music music playback is not working can be caused by a process that has been locked in the background, and to unlock it, we need to restart the iPhone, iPad, or the device you are having this problem with. This will restart all processes, and we will eliminate a possible blockage that caused the music playback in the application to be interrupted. I hope my advice helps you as much as it did me!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Apple Music suddenly stops working on Deco network
2021-11-29 02:51:10

@bert123 

Hi, could you please provide more details about how Apple Music does not work, like sound hiccups, not playing music when the screen is locked, or any unknown errors?

I see they are plenty of issues in the Apple community and could you help me find out which one is quite like yours?

https://discussions.apple.com/community/music/music_on_ios?page=1

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Apple Music suddenly stops working on Deco network
2021-11-29 17:21:45
Hi there! Thanks for the response. The issue has occured across iOS devices and macbook and echo device. At this point, the songs are streaming okay on my iOS device. But it still won't play on Apple Music on laptop or Alexa. The songs simply won't stream, it's like there's a firewall blocking the URL from apple. I have tested my macbook with my cell phone hotspot and hard wired from the modem and the issue does not occur, it only occurs on wifi via TP Link so that tells me there's an issue with the Deco's not the software.
Options
Re:Apple Music suddenly stops working on Deco network-Solution
2022-03-13 20:56:02 - last edited 2022-03-15 01:38:54

@bert123  I often get different problems with this app! The last time even the music didn't want to play. It's good that my friend who sells music promotion services helped me. One solution that works for me for any problem I may have with the device is to restart it. The reason why Apple Music music playback is not working can be caused by a process that has been locked in the background, and to unlock it, we need to restart the iPhone, iPad, or the device you are having this problem with. This will restart all processes, and we will eliminate a possible blockage that caused the music playback in the application to be interrupted. I hope my advice helps you as much as it did me!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 561

Replies: 3

Related Articles