Cant Reset or connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cant Reset or connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cant Reset or connect
Cant Reset or connect
2021-12-05 20:07:52 - last edited 2021-12-06 11:29:26
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Got a new main router so I had to reset the extender but it's having a lot of issues. When I first try to connect to the extender it asks for a password, the original password that I used and wrote down isn't working. So, I tried to reset, but no matter how long I hold the button nothing happens. I tried creating a new account, forgetting all networks, moving outlet close and far from main router, deleting and re-downloading Tether app, tried all the passwords that I use for my accounts just to see if maybe I changed it and forgot and nothing works.

How can I connect to the extender if it has a password that I don't know and I cant reset?

Not sure if I'm missing a simple solution or if it's an actual problems, but any help is appreciated :)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cant Reset or connect -Solution
2021-12-05 20:50:33 - last edited 2021-12-06 11:29:26

@MShaw 

Turns out it was a simple fix, was clicking the wrong button lol

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cant Reset or connect -Solution
2021-12-05 20:50:33 - last edited 2021-12-06 11:29:26

@MShaw 

Turns out it was a simple fix, was clicking the wrong button lol

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cant Reset or connect
2021-12-06 11:31:22

Hi @MShaw 

Thank you very much for posting  solution here! Reset hole is usually on the button of RE, here is an FAQ that may help users who have the same concern:

How to hard reset TP-Link wireless access points, extenders to factory defaults

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 2

Related Articles