Can't connect to wifi after about 48h

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-08 18:08:57
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ArcherC5400(EU)_V2_210308

I recently updated the firmware on my router from 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel.52981 to the latest version available on the site: ArcherC5400(EU)_V2_210308. This version is not found by the internal firmware check in the router.

Upgrading went fine, I saw no special issues. I did experience a better performance and full use of available bandwith, the reason for upgrading the firmware. See the issues on the forum about that.

But, after about 2 days, none of my devices could connect to the wifi. The network was still found, but none could connect. No authentication errors, just failing to connect. This goes for Linux laptops, Android phones, iPhone, iPad, MacBook, HP Printer. Every device. Pretty sure it's not the device that is having the issue. Switching off and on solves the issue. For 2 days that is, then the issue returns.

To make sure it's not a failed firmware update, I did a hard reset, did a new firmware upgrade and did not use a backup of my settings to configure the router again. Unfortunatelly, after about two days, no device can connect to the wifi.

Any suggestion on how to solve this is much appreciated. I just did a firmware downgrade on the device, but have no idea if this will help. Will know in about two days ;-)

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't connect to wifi after about 48h
2021-12-09 02:56:35

@127001 

Hello, please monitor the connectivity first as you have already downgraded to the previous version.

Just to be sure, when the issue happened on all the wireless devices, are you still able to connect to the internet on any wired devices? That means do you have internet access if you connect a computer to the router with an Ethernet cable when none of the wireless works? Please confirm this if the issue comes back.

Options
2021-12-12 20:18:59

@Kevin_Z The positive part is that the WiFi stays okay on the previous firmware.

As for your question, I'm not sure if the wired connections were still working. Did not actively tested those.

So, stuck here between a working router with less than optimal performance and a router dat needs a hard reboot every two days. Any suggestions? Could it be the correct firmware is missing on the site? The Archer C5400(EU)_V2_190411 actually has an EU-reference in the downloaded file, the newer ArcherC5400(EU)_V2_210308 is missing that in the download.

Options
2021-12-15 06:40:31

@127001 

The bin file in the downloaded folder does include the EU reference, don't worry, that firmware is the officially released version for your hardware.

Can you please let me know what is issue you are experiencing with the 20190411 version? We will see if this can be addressed.

Options
2021-12-15 11:48:36

Thanks @Kevin_Z . Leaves me with a router that has issues :-( Any other suggestion besides bringing it in for repair?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 4

Related Articles