Three lights blinking and random turn offs on CPL Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-10 16:43:13
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: I don't know

Hi everyone,

Sometimes my adapter's three LEDs will randomly start blinking together. While they are turned off during the blinking, my connection turns off. For example, when the lights blink and i'm on a voicechat, I can hear my friends' voices cut off and come back in sync with the blinking. Sometimes, when the blinking stops, the middle LED is turned off and the connection doesn't work, and then it turns back on again. I don't know what is causing it so I'm asking for your help.

Model : TM-PA4015P

Things I've tried :

-Changing socket

-Resetting the pairing

-Resetting my router

Thanks in advance !

Options
1 Reply
Re:Three lights blinking and random turn offs on CPL Adapter
2021-12-17 12:42:49 - last edited 2021-12-17 12:45:13

Hello @ADCish 

Sorry for the late reply, can you help describe how the LED change when powerline adapter turn off? 

Do you mean on one of the PA4010 units, all the led will start blink then go off, and will light up again?

• Try a factory reset the unit and repair 2 devices

- Reset Wireless powerline unit:  Press and hold the Reset button (or use a pin to press reset hole) until all LEDs turn off and start on again.          
- Reset Wired Powerline unit: Press the pair button for more than 5 secs until most Led flash once           

• Try a different wall outlet make sure not bad contact  (skip this if you've tried this)
  • Update device firmware 

Firmware for PA4015(FR): #Firmwarehttps://www.tp-link.com/fr/support/download/tl-pa4015p/#Firmware

Note: (select Hardware according to the back labelof device before download corresponding firmware )

If still the same concern persists, may I know how long do you have the unit, if device has been working for a long time, it is recommended to contact retailer or local support to check device warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 502

Replies: 1