Super slow internet on one Deco node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-15 19:29:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

I have three Deco M5 devices in the first floor of my house. The main Deco is on the wall behind the TV where the fiber modem is mounted. The second unit is about 7 feet away in a hallway. This on works fine. The third one is the issue. It is located about 33 feet away in direct line of sight to the main Deco but the TV is right in front of the main Deco. I can take a laptop connected to this node and run a speet test and only get about 100Mbps. Connections to the other nodes average around 500Mbps. Switching to access point mode helped some, it increased this node's performance from approximately 55Mbps to the current 100.

Is it the distance? or is it the fact that the Deco is behind the TV? Or something else maybe?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Super slow internet on one Deco node
2021-12-16 12:35:20

@sbatty 

Hi,  can you switch the location of the two satellite units so that we can check whether the slow speed always follows the same unit?

Also, the third unit is somehow a little bit far away from the main Deco.

Have you checked the signal source strength on this unit, 1 or 2 bars from main Deco?

If later it is tested that any node on this specific spot capped to 100m/s, is there any chance, you could move the second node between the main unit and the third unit to strengthen the signal a little bit? Or wired the third node via cable to the main unit?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 1