Weak Wifi from X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Weak Wifi from X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Weak Wifi from X20
Weak Wifi from X20
2021-12-18 06:34:24
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Just had Tachus Fiber (1GB) installed (previously had Xfinity 1GB). X20 shows 924 up and down coming into the router, however, even standing right next to the Deco via WiFi my speeds range from about 100Mbps all the way down to 10Mbps. No speed and no consistency. Trying to get WiFi off of my two other satellite Decos is obviously even worse. I'm not totally inexperienced at this stuff, but I'm at a loss. Spent a lot of money on these things and hoping there is some way to get them to work. Surely I should be able to get at least 250-350 Mbps while standing next to the router. I could get that from my Xfinity and netgear router a couple of rooms away. Problem was, I could get it upstairs so I was encouraged to try this mesh set-up. So far, not impressed. 

Any help would be appreciated. And please skip the stuff about distance to the router, placement, etc. Been down all those roads.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Weak Wifi from X20
2021-12-21 02:37:37

@TK42DAN 

Hi, welcome to the community.

For your case, please refer to the following suggestions to have a look:

1. Please check whether you have enabled the QoS or high priority on the Deco.

If yes, please change QoS to standard and set up upload/download bandwidth for both 1000/1000 m/s.

2. If possible, please turn off the 2.4ghz on the Deco APP, check how much speed you could get from 5ghz?

And If you have a wired laptop, It would be highly appreciated if you could help me check the wired speed from the second port of the main Deco X20.

By the way, if possible, please change a different Deco as the main Deco to see whether the issue was still here:

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Weak Wifi from X20
2021-12-21 05:30:20

@TP-Link Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid I couldn't wait and needed to try something else for the time being. If and when the opportunity presents itself I will give those things a shot, but for now you can just close this. Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 2

Related Articles