New Router IP6 was NOT Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-21 18:12:00 - last edited 2021-12-23 17:14:08
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I had Geek Squad (Best Buy) install my C4000 router and my Arris SB8200. So far everything is working great.  While I was looking at the network map, I noticed that IP6 option had not been turned on. Appartently, Cox supports IP6, so should I turn it on?  If so, anything advise is apprecaited!

Irrata:  While I looking at the network map, I noticed some of the wired connections were not listed. This is what caused me to looking around where I probably shouldn't. The missing items from the map are all security cameras.  Looking at the GW security monitor showed that all the missing IP addresses were listed with port 8091 and all the ones on map were port 7000.  Any ideas on how to add the "port 8091" cameras to map?

Thank you!

Imager   

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New Router IP6 was NOT Setup-Solution
2021-12-23 07:33:06 - last edited 2021-12-23 17:14:08

@Imager00 

If Cox provides you with an IPv6 service, you can enable it on the router. Below is the setup guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1525/

Regarding the network map display issue, can you confirm all the security cameras are connected to the C4000 directly, wired, or wirelessly? Are they all obtaining IP addresses from the router automatically? Please check if all of them are showing up in the DHCP Client List and ARP List (Security > IP & MAC Binding).

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:New Router IP6 was NOT Setup-Solution
2021-12-23 07:33:06 - last edited 2021-12-23 17:14:08

@Imager00 

If Cox provides you with an IPv6 service, you can enable it on the router. Below is the setup guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1525/

Regarding the network map display issue, can you confirm all the security cameras are connected to the C4000 directly, wired, or wirelessly? Are they all obtaining IP addresses from the router automatically? Please check if all of them are showing up in the DHCP Client List and ARP List (Security > IP & MAC Binding).

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:New Router IP6 was NOT Setup
2021-12-23 17:13:28

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you!  Looking at the information required for the setup, I am guessing that I'd be getting in over my head. While trying to find the setup information, I came accross info that says Cox does not support IP6 on their fiber.  It's a year old but all I could find.  Since I am going to upgrade to gigiblast, it won't work out for me. 

Hopefully it this will help someone else.

Thank you for your  help!  And I'll post a seperate thread for the camera question.

Bob

https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/27848/when-will-ipv6-work-with-fiber-to-the-home-under-gigablast/109669

Offline DustinP 12 months ago in reply to Mr.Coffee

A DOCSIS 3.0 or DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, WiFi Modem, or WiFi Internet & Telephone modem support IPv6 through all markets, though a Fiber Pon is not among those supported devices. www.cox.com/residential/support/ip-version-6.html does state "All Cox customers in all markets now have access to IPv6." though this applies to customers utilizing Docsis 3.0 and 3.1 and not Fiber ONT devices. At this time there is no information on when Fiber ONT and IPv6 will be supported.

Dustin

Cox Forum Support Moderator

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 254

Replies: 2

Related Articles