Issues with AX11000 Router connection to TP-Link PoE switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 22:15:06
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210719 rel.14861(5553)

Recently installed new AX11000 router as my main router.  One of it's wired connections goes to a TP-Link GigE switch.  In turn this switch is connected to a number of devices and has a line going to a TP-Link TL-SG1008MP PoE switch.   The PoE switch is connected to a number ot IP/PoE cameras that previously worked with same configuration except had a ASUS router in place of AX11000 router.

I am unable to see/connect to any of the devices connected to the PoE switch.

Have 20+ devices both wired and wireless that are working coorectly including wired connections to the first GigE switch.  I do have a couple of MAC addresses/unidentified devices in my client table but am pretty sure they are not any of the IP cameras.  Have a utility to "find" IP camears with in a segment and it is coming up empty.

Any thoughts why I am having issues ith the PoE switch?  Some weird compatability issue?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issues with AX11000 Router connection to TP-Link PoE switch
2022-01-04 11:23:34

@jebirr 

Hello, do you mean you can see/connect to the devices that connect to the first PoE switch? Can I have the made and model of it? 

What if you swap the two PoE switches, will the devices connected to the TL-SG1008MP show up on the router web GUI? BTW, are all the IP cameras using static IP addresses or they are obtaining the IP address from the network automatically?

Options
2022-01-05 02:14:56

@Kevin_Z 

First switch is an unmanaged 5 port TP-Link TL-SG105 GigE switch.  Devices connect to this switch are seen and are fine.  One connection then goes to the TL-SG1008MP PoE switch.  

I thought the IP cameras were doing DHCP.  Looked at tables on old router and didn't have any set as static.  

I think the next steps I'm going to take are:

• try to hook something else that does DHCP up to PoE switch and see if it works
  • Take old router and and connect directly to PoE switch and spare laptop and see if configured IP cameras correctly.
  • Turn off PoE switch, launch WireShark, turn on PoE switch and try to watch transactions.  Not very good with WireShark and need to brush up on anticipated transactions that occur during DHCP IP address assignment.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Options
2022-01-05 07:49:07

@jebirr 

The steps you mentioned are pretty enough to locate the issue. Please let me know the result once you finish the test.yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 998

Replies: 3