Transferring Deco Mesh from 4G Router to Starlink Roter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-04 13:58:44
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Everyone

I currently have my 4G router in the loft with my main S4 deco plugged into it. All my other deco units around the house are wireless.

I have just received my Starlink kit and want to transfer my Deco mesh onto the Starlink router to test it at ground floor level. Can you tell me if the following will work:

1. Make the dining room Deco the main deco via the app

2. Plug dining room deco into the Starlink router

3. Switch off 4G router

4. Hope it all connects!!!!

All feedback/suggestions welcome

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Transferring Deco Mesh from 4G Router to Starlink Roter
2022-01-05 02:19:07

@elaeroplano 

Hi,  As for the reason you want to change the dining room Deco to be the main Deco, it is because the dining room Deco is near the Starlink kit?

Normally, there is no need to change the main Deco and you could just unplug the 4G router and replace it with the Starlink router.

Options
2022-01-05 08:30:41

@TP-Link Hello- yes that is exactly the reason and its because I want to fully test Starlink before I install it on the roof.

I could also simply unplug the current main deco in the loft and plug that into Starlink - would that be easiest?

Thx

Options
2022-01-05 11:15:51

@elaeroplano 

Hi, Thank you for getting back to me.

Your previous plan would be a good idea and you could try to change the main Deco via Deco APP first.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1662

Replies: 3