Slow upload speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow upload speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow upload speeds
Slow upload speeds
2022-01-06 05:49:00
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I've been reading online about slow upload speeds on various routers and haven't found a solution. 

ISP: Spectrum

Down/up are supposed to be at 400mb/400mb

Im only getting 300mbps down and 3mbps up.

QoS is disabled. 
Parental controls disabled

NAT Enabled

Negotiation speed setting: 1000mbps full duplex.

I've ran speed tests on wired and wireless from multiple devices. 2 computers wired and wireless. Mac and Windows. iPhone wireless. Xbox wired and wireless and am getting the same result. 

I've also reset it. Rebooted it. Updated the firmware and still no luck. 

I ran directly from my modem to my computers and am getting 350mbps/300mbps down and up respectively so it's not the Internet nor the devices. 

My ancient router performs better right now. How do I fix this? I'm thinking of just returning it and getting a different one bc this is impossible to work with at these speeds. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow upload speeds
2022-01-14 02:38:44 - last edited 2022-01-14 02:46:18

@Gossyboy 

Hello, as per your detailed description and thorough troubleshooting you've tried, it seems the download speed is acceptable, while the upload is too slow. Just want to be sure that you haven't changed any advanced settings on the router after the factory reset and reconfiguration, you can confirm if the QoS settings are configured correctly by following the below article again:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2992/

If you haven't modified any advanced settings after the reset, but the upload speed is still slow, we would like to forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2022-01-14 19:11:49

@Kevin_Z 

I had done all of the above mentioned troubleshooting to no avail and have already issued a return for the product as it does not reach acceptable speeds. 

Options
2022-01-17 11:50:35

@Gossyboy 

Sorry to hear that but please let me know if there is anything I could help.

Options