Unable to find router in Tether App when off site

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-16 05:17:45
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've had my TP Link router with parent controls for about a year.  When I first got it set up and started using the Tether app, I was able to do thing from offsite, like, for example, turn off kids wifi/Intenet access from work.  Now, however, if my phone is not on the same LAN as the router, the Tether app fails to find the router on the first screen. 

Any ideas what is going on?  I assumed that once the router was associated with the app, and the app would have some kind of back-door way into the router even when the android devices is not directly connected to the router.  Note that this router is directly behind my cable modem, but also I haven't set up and special rules / ports in the firewall that might let the app talk to it directly from the Internet.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to find router in Tether App when off site
2022-01-20 09:00:14

@gde 

Hello, you can follow this guide to modify settings and manage the router remotely via the Tether app:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2808/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 1