S4 green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

S4 green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
S4 green light
S4 green light
2022-01-18 01:05:57
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 build 20210607 Rel. 56436

I am currently having an issue where my third deco was set up and functioning. I notice a few days ago that the light was off so I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

Today the light was off so after power cycling it and the light turned green. After power cycling a few times it most of the time turned green solid and some times I got a dark blue solid but no further actions.

I compared the light to the other decos yellow and blue light, this deco shows a very green light.

Troubleshooting completed:

Power cycled

Reset switch

Test it's power supply

Tested with a different power supply 

Attempted to wire into main deco

Attempted to wire into endpoint

Does no issue an address

Does not show as connected ethernet

Can not connect with static ip

No ethernet link lights

Notes:

This deco was in the same box as the other 2 but set up about 2 weeks later.

This deco was the only one that had a device physically connected to it.

Options
4 Reply
Re:S4 green light
2022-01-18 03:29:33 - last edited 2022-01-19 03:05:00

@TnTerry 

Hi, could you please help me check the following information first:

1. the LED light on one Deco will suddenly turn off and after powering cycling, it will come back to green but sometimes, it will be dark blue even though other units are still solid white?

--Is there any chance that you could send some pictures of the LED lights for me?

2. then when it went to dark blue if trying to wire it into main Deco or to an endpoint PC, this Deco S4 did not detect any Ethernet connection?

3. When the LED is normal/solid white, it is functioning well.

May I know how long have you had Deco S4?

And could you please refer to the private message and send me a picture of the bottom label on this Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-18 12:51:20

@TP-Link the other decos always have a white light.

The deco in question was working but now will display a green light (the deco does nothing outside of displaying a light). The device doesn't appear to change outside of the light sometimes is blue after power cycling.

Will grab some photos.

Options
2022-01-18 14:14:14
Update: it will no longer turn on so it looks like the unit is just bad.
Options
2022-01-19 03:07:11

@TnTerry 

In this way, please help me get the required labels and receipt via email and I will help you proceed with the warranty service later.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 517

Replies: 4

Related Articles