Deco speed slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco speed slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco speed slow
Deco speed slow
2022-01-19 14:37:09
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

When testing the ISP speed I get in excess of 200mbps. When I test using google or Ookla I get about 30mbps.

I turned all Deco's off by cutting the power and then turned them all back on and I got 200mbps on Ookla or google for about a week.

a week later it's gone back to being slow. 

can you confirm what I need to do please? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco speed slow
2022-01-20 11:15:14

@DanV17 

Hi, did this speed issue occur to the whole mesh system, or just on one satellite unit?

I guess Deco M9 plus works under wireless router mode?

When the speed dropped to 30m/s again, if not restarting the Deco, would it come back automatically after a while?

If not, during this time, how much speed you could get from the “test internet speed” on the Deco APP?

And it is also suggested to test the speed from ISP modem in case the modem Is on a regular maintenance.

If the speed drop repeated once a week, the future firmware will support reboot schedule which would help with this case.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-20 18:03:22

@TP-Link 

hi

It was the whole mesh system.

yes, under wireless router mode.

No, it doesn't seem to come back until powered down, I also tried updating firmware and the reboot didn't bring the speed back, only the power down of the main deco.

200mb from test internet speed.

I can test the speed from ISP modem next time it does it but I wouldn't get 200mb using test internet speed would I if it was the isp modem? 

thanks 

Dan

Options
2022-01-21 03:02:45

I can test the speed from ISP modem next time it does it but I wouldn't get 200mb using test internet speed would I if it was the isp modem? 
I think you are right.

@DanV17 

Later I would like to follow up on your case by email and please check whether you could receive my test email.

At the same time, could you please reply to the email with the following information:

1. May I know the model number of your ISP modem?

2. What is the IPV4 internet connection type on the Deco

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 845

Replies: 3

Related Articles