TL-WPA7510 V1 Will not enter Pairing Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-22 00:01:29
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unkown

I am trying to get a TL-WPA7510Kit (WPA7510 V1 and PA7010 V2) configured.  I have used other TP-link power line adapters and familair with the process.

I am unable to put the WPA7510 into pairing mode.  The Powerline and Ethernet LEDs are off.  Pressing the PAIR button does not start the Power LED flashing.  I have reset the device multiple times.  The unit is not seen in the tlPLC utility.  The WIFI is broadcasting and I can connect at the default SSID, but I can not connect to the devices web server at http://tplinkplc.net  I tried to connect the WPA7510 with the LAN cable to the router, but it is not recognized and I do not get access to the internet when connected to the devices WIFI. 

The PA7010 is recongnized by the tlPLC utility.  It does flash when the PAIR button is pressed and I ssupect is working as it should, though may not be on the latest FW.  I have tried loading the latest FW for the dives (V@) but it fails to load (I get a lillte frowning face).  Not sure I care ATM.  I do not think this is my issue.

Any one have any thoughs or suggestions? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7510 V1 Will not enter Pairing Mode
2022-01-22 18:01:07

Today I was able to connect to the devices web server.  It appears to be on the latest Firmware. 

I did notice that in the section Device Settings => Powerline that both the MAC address and Powerline Key display no conent (blank).

Options
2022-01-24 09:29:14 - last edited 2022-01-24 09:31:56

Hello @RangerZ 

1. Please try a factory reset on Wi-Fi powerline unit TL-WPA7510
via the RESET button/ RESET hole
With device powered on, press and hold the Reset button (or use a pin to press reset hole)  until all LEDs will turn off and start on again.

Please check if the Powerline will be flashing after you press the Pair button?  

• Put 2 powerline unit in the wall sockets, in the same room, and pair them again :

Paring Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again)
FAQ258: How to secure (pair) the Powerline Network?

2. If you are able login web page of it, you could also try another factory reset from System Tools-> backup and restore-> factory restore 

And try check if TL-WPA7510 <WiFi>Laptop installed tpPLC utility, could it be detected by tpPLC utility? 

May I know was there any firmware update failure on this powerline unit? 

Options
2022-01-25 21:50:17

@RangerZ 

It's worth noting that:
1 - The TL-WPA7510 will not enter pairing mode.  The light remains solid no matter what manner I press the PAIR button
2 - In the TL-WPA7510's web browser (TPLINKPLC.NET) Device Settings => Powerline, the MAC Address and Powerline Key from the device are missing.  I would think, but don't know for sure, that this would display the relevant values located on the back of the device.

I have performed multiple resets from the button with no success.  I do not get ALL the lights to turn on.  The Power LED comes on, followed by the 2 radio LEDs.  The Ethernet and Powerline lights do not iluminate at any time, even with a cable connected.

As noted, pressing the PAIR button does not display the Power (or any other LED) to flash.  

I have looged in to the TL-WPA7510 and performed a factory restore with change in the situation.

The device is on the latest firmware, but I am succesfullly able to re-apply the firmware (1.0.4. Build 20181226 Rel.39907). No error message on flashing.

I also have tried to manual "Add a new device" with the devices Powerline Key vaule as well as the accompanying TL-PA7010's Powerline key.  The process returns a "Device not added" message along with a red frown face.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 609

Replies: 3