Deco X60 Speed not even close to advertised speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-22 23:14:50
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rel. 54042

MODEM TEST

I have a 1 GB Network.  Confirmed this with wired connection to modem.

DECO CABLED TEST

Connect X60 Router to the modem and test wired connection to X60 = 939 Mbps (acceptable).

DECO APP BROADBAND TEST

Same results and being directly cable connected to X60:  948 Mbps (acceptable).

DECO ROUTER WIFI TEST

This is my Deco X60 wired to the provider's modem.

My test machine is a Windows 10, 802.11ac adapter, link speed 866 Mbps, 160 MHz wireless.

Best I can get in download at 3 feet is 328 Mbps. Tested with Speedtest App (app, not browser).  Unacceptable in my mind.

Only 2 devices were attached to this router by WiFi.

I did have my other 2 satellite Decos up and running.

MY PROCEDURES TO GET BEST PERFORMANCE

I have done everything described in Troubleshooting: Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

WHY IS THIS NOT PERFORMING?

I'm at a loss as to what should be the next steps.

I had hoped that the WiFi (right next to the source) would at least be above 500 Mbps.

Get technical here fellas - what is the reason this is nowhere near the advertised speeds?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X60 Speed not even close to advertised speed
2022-01-24 07:16:08

@Mark600 

Hi, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers, and please check whether you have got an email from us.

And could you please refer to FAQ(https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2429/) and reply to the email with the system info and driver info about the computer?

By the way, would you please turn off the 2.4ghz on the Deco, and check the 5ghz speed on the computer again?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco X60 Speed not even close to advertised speed
2022-01-26 23:40:21

@Mark600 Something to consider is wireless interference. Remember WIFI is radio so it is susceptible to radio interference. The more interference the slower the speed. Microwaves, neighbors WIFI, HAM radio, other home electronic devices.

Systems Support Technician: We do PRECISION Guess Work based on unreliable data provided by those of Questionable Knowledge
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 516

Replies: 2