M9 Plus 1.5.6 build and IOS 15.3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-28 18:05:47
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I recently installed IOS 15.3 on my phone. Then I got a message that there was a security issue with my M9 plus router becauuse the  highest security version it support is WPA2-PSK [AES]

A couple is days later, however , I checked my phone wifi and the warning message has disappeared. But the firmware version on my M9 plus hasn't updated. Still 1.5.6.

Anyone have an explanation for this and is there a newer version of firmware in the works supporting newer security protocol coming for the M9 Plus?

Options
2 Reply
Re:M9 Plus 1.5.6 build and IOS 15.3
2022-01-29 08:36:36

@Zorki48 

Thanks for your feedback about your issue.

I guess you are talking about the "weak security" warning on your IOS 15.3 Iphone right?

Don't worry. It does not involve any security issue.

Ever since IOS 14 updates(https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211808 ), Apple has made great changes on the security update on IOS devices. New Privacy features improve user transparency and control over how apps access your location, photos, microphone, and camera. After that, sometimes you might get a "Privacy warning" or "Weak Security" on your Wi-Fi network.

The following security modes have been considered insecure by Apple. So when IOS devices detect any of them was used by your router, the weak security will pop out.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202068 )

• WPA/WPA2 mixed modes

• WPA Personal

• WEP, including WEP Open, WEP Shared, WEP Transitional Security Network, or Dynamic WEP (WEP with 802.1X)

• TKIP, including any security setting with TKIP in the name

So solution for your issue is to set security type as “WPA2-PSK[AES]”. After that, there should be no weak security warning appearing on the mobile phone anymore. 

For more information about weak security warning, please refer to below FAQ:

The Weak Security and Privacy Warning on the iOS14 or iOS15

Options
Re:M9 Plus 1.5.6 build and IOS 15.3
2022-01-29 20:13:46

Thanks. Is there any plan to add any of the newer security protocols to the M9 plus firmwear?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 2

Related Articles