Is it possible to setup an Archer A7 to load balance between a wifi bridge and WAN connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is it possible to setup an Archer A7 to load balance between a wifi bridge and WAN connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-04 14:23:17
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20211022 rel.58866

Hi. I'm in a rural area and have a local ISP that uses a radio signal from a tower to a dish on my roof (max down is 10Mbps). I got the new t-mobile 5G home internet service and have been testing for a few months. It's been fast when it works, but pretty unreliable, and I'm trying to decide about which service to keep. I've been looking into load balancing the two ISP sources, but have seen some reports that this can also not work well in some cases. Before investing in more hardware I thought I'd try with what I've got. So my question is...

I've got my Archer A7 setup as a wifi bridge from the t-mobile gateway. By plugging the dish into the wan port will the router load balance the two? I've tried it but haven't been able to verify if any bridging is happening. Perhaps there are some additional settings I need to make?

With the current setup I tried powering off the t-mobile gateway and the wifi conection on my phone now says coun't get an IP (I'm sure because I turned of DHCP for the wifi bridge) and no internet.

Thanks for any insite on this!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to setup an Archer A7 to load balance between a wifi bridge and WAN connection?
2022-02-15 07:31:02

Hi @umbilungee 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to reply you late. 

Our router doesn't support wifi bridge and WAN connection at the same time and doesn't support one as the backup of another. 

If your internet source can't provide you higher speed or stable connection, our router can't help much either. 

Anyway thanks for your support. Please contact us if you have other concerns. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 443

Replies: 1