Archer C2300 fails to list devices connected through a switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-07 18:03:03
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've replaced a Verizon FiOS router with C2300.

The new Archer, however, does not list quite a few devices that are connected through a switch.

This was not an issue with the FiOS router, which listed all devices connected through a switch.

I use a TP-Link switch, so if anything, I would have expected the Archer to work seamlessly with the switch.

Where do I begin the troubleshooting?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 fails to list devices connected through a switch
2022-02-14 13:28:57

@Newtonite 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Sorry to reply you late, for your issue, please follow steps below to troubleshoot:

1. Please check if you set dynamic IP for all the devices. If you set static IP for some devices, then they can not discovered by the router. 

2. Please open cmd command on the device which is not listed on the new router, then type in arp -a and press enter. Next on command window,  please check if this comuter can find all the devices. 

How to open cmd command: please press win+r on keyboard then type in cmd in the pop-up window and click OK.

3. If you connect these devices directly to the new router bypass the TP-Link switch, will the issue remains the same?What is the model of your TP-Link switch?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 1