Google Nest Outdoor Camera's Not Connecting to Wifi During Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-11 14:00:10 - last edited 2022-02-17 01:41:47
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello,

I tried to setup some new Google Nest outdoor camera's yesterday to no success.  Within the Nest app on my smartphone and desktop the camera's would fail to connect to the wifi after identifying and entering the password for the home network.  I tried dropping firewall/security features, utilizing a guest network with no security, restarting the router and modem, and adding the mac address of the camera to the whitelist.  None of which worked.  Has anyone else experienced this or is there a workaround to get the camera's to connect?

Thank you,

Jack

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Google Nest Outdoor Camera's Not Connecting to Wifi During Setup-Solution
2022-02-16 13:34:54 - last edited 2022-02-17 01:41:47

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z,

I am glad to say this has now been resolved. It was Google's end. The cameras needed to be added to a new home structure to force an update to their firmware.

I would like to compliment your brand as this router has been a home run with speed/range/affordability/accessibility. I have had a great experience so far with TP-Link.

Thank you for the response,

JGSX

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Google Nest Outdoor Camera's Not Connecting to Wifi During Setup
2022-02-16 09:20:41

Hi @JGSX 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

May I know if other devices can connect to the router normally?

And for your  Google Nest cam issue, here are some suggestions that you can have a try:

1. Disable smart connect on the router to distinguish between 2.4G and 5G

2. Change 2.4G wireless mode to 802.11b/g/n mixed and try different channel.

3. Move Google Nest outdoor camera more closer to the router

4. Check if your Google Nest outdoor camera can normally connect to other Wi-Fi, such as phone hotspot. 

Options
Re:Google Nest Outdoor Camera's Not Connecting to Wifi During Setup-Solution
2022-02-16 13:34:54 - last edited 2022-02-17 01:41:47

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z,

I am glad to say this has now been resolved. It was Google's end. The cameras needed to be added to a new home structure to force an update to their firmware.

I would like to compliment your brand as this router has been a home run with speed/range/affordability/accessibility. I have had a great experience so far with TP-Link.

JGSX

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Google Nest Outdoor Camera's Not Connecting to Wifi During Setup
2022-02-17 01:41:40

JGSX wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z,

JGSX

Thank you very much for updating the status of the issue you were experiencing and it's glad to hear that you have figured it out. @JGSX Congratulations.

I'm happier to see you are satisfied with the performance of the TP-Link router, hope you could enjoy the internet.

If your concern has been addressed or resolved, I'm going to mark your reply as the “Recommended Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3219

Replies: 3