I am getting 400Mbps from ISP but only get 200Mbps off devices from Deco M5.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-15 22:37:58
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

I got upgraded to 400Mbps but only getting 200Mpbs as titles.

when I run speed test on Deco App, it shows 400+Mbps is coming in.

Is this normal to lose half of the speed on connected devices?

If I run Deco as access point by connecting to router that I have, would I be able to get maximum possible speed on connected devices?

Options
6 Reply
Re:I am getting 400Mbps from ISP but only get 200Mbps off devices from Deco M5.
2022-02-16 02:46:04

@todesto Usually means you have incorrect wiring.  in order to get speeds over 200 you MUST have 8 wire connection but most older installations connected only 4 wire.  Take a look at the ethernet wire, if you don't seee wired in all 8 slots then replace the wire with one that has all the wires and you should be at full speed.

Options
2022-02-16 03:04:58

@kenargo I am sure if I follow. 

speed from modem to main deco is getting 400Mbps when doing speed check. then i connect devices to deco and the device is getting 200 top. 

Options
2022-02-16 03:17:55

@todesto OK, that suggests the wire from the ISP to the Deco is correct.  What abount the cable from Deco to the computer, it also needs to be 8 wires?  Everything needs to be CAT-6 wiring.  Other than that, I'd suggest checking for updaged drivers for the network card.

Oh, and DO NOT use the speed test that appears in the browser, it's horribly inaccurate.  Use speedtest.net

Options
2022-02-16 06:28:33

@todesto 

Hi, “Test internet speed” under Deco APP>More is testing the speed of the main Deco from the modem and when you did a speed test via speedtest.net/or speedtest APP, it is testing the speed from the client to the specific Deco(main Deco or satellite Deco) it is connected to. The latter will be slower.

So kenargo‘s suggestion is right and please connect a computer via a cable to the second port of the main Deco and run a speed test on the computer again, or make sure the mobile device is connected to the main Deco, 5ghz perhaps since it is faster than 2.4ghz.

Options
2022-02-16 22:40:47

@todesto Does Deco M5 have speed cap?

Because I tried to doing modem-> netgear router -> deco as access point.

I get 400+ Mbps on computer that is hard wired to router then Deco only gets 260Mbps off router.

Options
2022-02-17 03:02:56

todesto wrote

@todesto Does Deco M5 have speed cap?

As far as I know, No, there isn't.

Because I tried to doing modem-> netgear router -> deco as access point.

I get 400+ Mbps on computer that is hard wired to router then Deco only gets 260Mbps off router.

Based on the layout, the Deco units themselves also work as the clients of Netgear router and normally there would be a little speed loss.

Did the 260m/s test via Deco APP, or the via speedtest.net on the computer?

It is suggested that you could unplug other satellite Deco units and connect the PC to the second port of main Deco, and run the test again.

@todesto 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1156

Replies: 6