Issues with my Wifi Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-19 14:29:49
Model: Archer C1900  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.17.0 build 20151009 Rel.61423n

Hello!

A few months ago I bought a wifi extender since my house has 2 floors. I have a TP Link Router Archer C1900

while my wifi extender is a TP Link RE505X 

Firmware: 1.0.12 Build 20211107 Rel. 182157

Hardware: RE505X v1.0

I set up my wifi extender, followed the instructions and everything was fine. I downloaded the TP Link app and set up the wifi extender on the recommended location. All the lights from the wifi extender turned blue and it was working fine. However, when I went to my room, I had low signal and my internet turned slow and I couldn't stream movies or have good internet connection. So I decided to move my wifi extender to my room and all the lights turned blue EXCEPT for the wifi signal icon which was red. The app recommended me to move it to a better location, BUT I had good connection and fast internet. However from time to time, my wifi would go down and come back again. My house has concrete walls, so maybe it has something to do with it. 

So in short:

If I put the wifi extender in the recommended area, all lights turn blue, but I have a weak signal and the internet is slow.

If I put the wifi extender in my room, all lights turn blue except for the wifi icon and I have strong signal, but the internet goes down and then comes back.

Is there a way to find a good balance and have a good wifi connection despite my house having concrete walls?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues with my Wifi Extender
2022-02-24 08:29:18

Hello  @Rhoam 

The Red Signal Led on RE means weak router Wi-Fi signal for range extender, you may need to find another location/ power socket for range extender between router &  room, and try to put RE closer to router. 

Or please consider wire extender to router via Ethernet cable and use it in Access Point mode. 

Or you may consider replace RE with TP-Link  Powerline products and extend signal through house powerline, this requires the powerline unit paired under same power meter. 

Options