Managing two sets with same network names with single account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-21 21:01:19
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I purchased X60 system (3 units) for my house last year and have been happy with it.

Now I purchased a W6000 system (2 units) for my parents to get better coverage in their home.  I’d like to be able to use my account and have the same network names/passwords at each location.

Is this possible?  If so how would be the best way of setting up?  I thought of maybe adding the two units for my parents to mine, then take them over my parents but I’m not sure if that is possible to change the “main” one and it not effect my existing network.  While it looks like you can manage different networks under the same account, it isn't clear if they can have the same network name.  My current one shows up as my network name, but don't know if I named it that way or it just takes whatever the network name is.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Managing two sets with same network names with single account
2022-02-22 02:19:12

@azentropy 

Hi, it is ok to set up two networks under the same email account and it is not suggested to use the same SSID/network name.

As for configuration, if the internet connection type is the same on both locations, you could set up W6000 in your house, then take it to where your parents live and W6000 should be plug and play. Or it is also suggested to set up W6000 directly at your parents’ house using your previous email ID.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 1