Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setup
Setup
2022-02-23 02:16:47

I setup a RE650 as an Access Point (Ethernet) and from that setup RE450 to extend the signal from the RE650 . Can the network ID's be changed? Currently for example Router is Banana1234, RE 650 is Banana1234_EXT and the RE450 is Banana1234_EXT_EXT. Everything seems to be working properly but since I have no KNowledge of Networks just wondering if this all sounds correct  and am I missing something.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup
2022-02-23 03:18:35

Hello @Pharmbob55 

It's fine that range extenders use different Wi-Fi names/ SSIDs or same SSIDs most of the time.

If you wish to change the SSID ,here are some instructions

It is recommend find the new IP address of range extender on router's client list, and use that IP to login RE's web page. 

(via Tether app) How to change wireless settings of TP-Link wireless router on Tether APP

(via Web GUI) How to find or change the wireless settings of TP-Link Range Extender

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 1

Related Articles