Deco X60 unit not being reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-26 07:21:46
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hello all,

I have 3 perfectly-working Deco X60 units.

I have acquired a 4th one, but this one seems faulty:

When i plug the power source, it goes in "yellow" for about 30-35 sec, then switches to "red" for 20-25 sec; then it turns off for 1-2 sec, goes "yellow" again for about 20 sec, it goes off again, then "yellow" for 5 sec and then "red" for a longer time.

I have reset it by pressing the bottom button with a pin for 5 sec (i've tried even for 15), it seems to not have any consequence on the above led colors cycle.

I have also tried to hold the reset button pressed, then to connect the power source. If i do that, it blinks once in "green", then off for 1-2 sec, then "green" again indefinitely.

Is there any other combination i might try with?

I do not have anymore the papers for warranty and acquisition, therefore i'm open to many scenarios. :)

Thnak you all!

ioan.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X60 unit not being reset
2022-02-28 02:12:13

@Deco_E1 

Hi, I see the 4th could get into firmware recovery mode, and maybe you could refer to this link to check whether you are able to log into its web UI and upload the latest firmware for it:

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

Options
2022-02-28 08:14:20

@David-TP, thank you for your answer.

fortunately, my DECO unit doesn't seem to pick up an IP address on its own. :(

I have tried with both RJ-45 sockets.

The LED cycle is as described: pressing and keeping pressed the "reset: button with a pin while plugging in the power source will cause the LED to go "yellow" (1 sec), then "green" (1 sec), then OFF (1 sec), then "green" again (1 sec), then OFF (1 sec) and finally solid "green".

I used a tool to automatically search for existing IPs; except for my PC's 192.168.0.2, it will not find anything in the range of 1 to 254.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Ioan

Options
2022-02-28 08:56:06

@Deco_E1 

Hi, I am afraid there is no better suggestion now.

May I know where did you purchase the 4th Deco? Do you still keep any online order records? I suggest you could still contact the local support team to see whether there is any other proof that could be used for a warranty claim.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 847

Replies: 3

Related Articles