Deco X60 satellite unit keeps crashing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-06 19:27:41
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 build 20211228 Rel. 55234

Hi there,

Connected my Main DECO X60 to my cable modem.

Satellite 1 is OK, but satellite 2 keeps crashing. What can be done? When I setup the product I have done firmware upgrade. Can't use D-LINK DGS-1008A unmanaged switch as it crashes both the ethernet backhaul and wi-fi from the DECO units (why?). Seems the product is very unstable, for a product full of furs of branding, marketing, videos - supposed to cover a 7700 sq foot home. Not sure where! My home is 2500sq ft and 3 DECOs are not sufficient to cover, plus as explained above, one keeps crashing all the time. FOr tech people, we spend hours trying to debug. But the product is designed for non tech personnel. That is, non-tech personnel have already returned such a complicated product, rather than spend hours troubleshooting for TP-LINK engineers and C-level, for free. 

Any suggestions what to do with the crashing brand new satellite DECO X60?

Would love to hear suggestions!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X60 satellite unit keeps crashing
2022-04-13 08:42:00 - last edited 2022-04-13 08:42:30

@Eddie_Can-Bra 

Nice to see you again.

Please refer to the replies on this link first:https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/542774?replyId=1064702

So I wonder whether removing the switch from the Mesh network improved the current network.

And if you still had the unstable issue without the switch, we would love to provide further assistance and it is highly appreciated if you could share with us a picture of your network layout.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 1

Related Articles