Decos4 slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Decos4 slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Decos4 slow speed
Decos4 slow speed
2022-02-28 00:06:44
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Not happy with the results. Connected these thru my router and made sure to put in access point mode. Connected fine, 3 deck units total. My question is why do these units have an unbelievably low speed when measured? So many positive reviews I'm beginning to wonder if they are paid reviews or free product for review. My router is up to date and a high dollar model, signal maxes out when speed tested, well over 100mps with hardwired PC and wireless on phone. All 3 of the deco units test at 14mps which tells me they are crap. At least the hardwired main deco should measure the same as the router but low and behold 14mps. What's the deal???

Options
1 Reply
Re:Decos4 slow speed
2022-02-28 07:01:24

@Ben50 

Welcome to the community.

Did Deco M4 work under wireless router mode or access point mode?---it can be checked under Deco APP>More>Advanced>operation mode.

Please turn off QoS and UPNP on the Deco APP if they are enabled.

if still no improvement, please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

• A picture of your network layout, such as ISP---main cable modem--Deco S4, 2*satellite Deco S4s are wirelessly connected.
  • Some screenshots of the speedtest from main Deco and the link on the test device-How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client
  • Who are your internet service provider and the model number of your cable modem?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 311

Replies: 1

Related Articles