Deco towers issuing different IP addresses to the same camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 18:16:39

I am hoping someone can help. I am not the smartest at technology but I kinda get by. However, I am stumped and dont even knwo how to ask my question. I have a DECO TP link S4 with 3 towers in one location and a DECO S4 with 2 towers in another home.  Each home started having issues with losing connection to the cameras. All cameras are IP cameras. On the Deco app I have reserved the IP addresses for each camera so that if there is a power outage, once they reset, they would get assigned the same IP address. Everything has been working as stated until about 3 weeks ago. on the home that has 2 towers, the main tower issued IP address ending in 108 which is the reserved address. For some reason the camera disconnected from that deco and was unable to connect to the 2nd tower. Both towers have the same password and the camera had been previously connected to both during set up. So, I troubleshooted the camera and reseted to factory settings and started from 0 to try and figure out why it wasnt working. I have 5 other cameras and those were fine at the time. Same at my other home with the 3 towers. so as i troubleshoot I connected to the main tower and the same IP address is assigned. I then connected to the 2nd tower and it issued a new IP address. so, my NVR doesnt know which IP address to connect to. The camera connects to one tower with one IP, looses connection and connects to the othe tower and that tower issues it a new IP address. took me a week to find this out. then I came home and did that to one of the cameras here and same happens. Once I connect to a tower on the mesh, either the main one, or one of the others, an IP is issued. But if i enter the password for the other towers, the IP address changes. I hope that makes sense. 

Please dumb this down for me if you can help. Dont use big tech language because I wont understand. :) 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco towers issuing different IP addresses to the same camera
2022-03-02 09:18:32

@Egalvis  welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your IP camera?

In case of any misunderstanding, could you please help me check the following information:

1. the reason you think cameras are offline from NVR is that they obtained different IP addresses when automatically roaming from one tower to the other, even though you have reserved the IP address on the Deco APP, am I right?

At the same time, there are some suggestions for your reference:

1. please disable the Mesh technology for IP cameras on the Deco APP.

2. turn off fast roaming under Deco APP>More>Advanced>fast roaming.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 1