SLOW Deco X60/M5 WiFi/LAN Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-02 03:13:04
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi All,

I have been troubleshooting some LAN/WiFi performance issues on my Deco network and have come to the conclusion that the Deco's are not performing anywhere near advertised. 

Initially I started running iperf3 test across the network and found that I was only getting ~100mbps. That sent me down a rabbit hole and I am now here asking for help!

I have 3x X60's and 3x M5's. Wired PC's are established at 1GB and laptops at 877Mbps. 

Wired to wired, I am getting close enough to the 1GB mark, however, on WiFi to wired LAN I am averaging about 300Mbps (this is after running ethernet backhauls to most nodes).

I have been working in IT for over 20yrs so I have done all reasonable diagnosis and troubleshooting steps to determine that the issue is with the Deco device/s and/or config. There are multiple threads I have found on the topic but no solution to my problem.

I have included a quick and dirty high-level network diagram to help. (*arrows are Cat6 ethernet and - - - dashes are WiFi connections).

Question #1, is this a supported design/configuration? (It is from what I understand)
Question #2, WHY can't you see established connection speeds between nodes? We're flying blind here, I could probably figure it out myself if there was better visibility for advanced users!!

37adba2721c4408baf7913f09b4f0563

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Options
2 Reply
Re:SLOW Deco X60/M5 WiFi/LAN Speeds
2022-03-02 09:43:21

@CATKICKER 

Welcome to the community.

I am fully convinced that you are an IT expert and I would love to forward your case to the engineers later for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check some details:

Based on your network layout, can I think the iperf test between two wireless laptops is about 100m/s; and the iperf test tween two wired PCs are about 1G, then the test from any wired PCs to wireless laptops about 300m/s?

How about the internet speedtest results on the two wireless laptops?

Would the speed stay like this all the time?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:SLOW Deco X60/M5 WiFi/LAN Speeds
2022-03-04 03:23:02

@David-TP Thank mate, I have submitted a ticket [TKID220301991] so hopefully, we can get it resolved soon. I'm now running off one reset deco at the moment running various LAN/WiFi tests and the speed is terrible on 4 different PC's (Wired and wireless). Wired to Wired is perfect!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 432

Replies: 2