Accessing the control screens while in Access Point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-10 20:03:28
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Got the router set to access point mode, but I am unable to access the control screens using a browser.  One thing I can say is, it does function as an access point.  I just can't change anything.

Hope some one has an answer, or this is going back to Amazon.

Thanks.

Rick

Options
2 Reply
Re:Accessing the control screens while in Access Point mode
2022-03-11 07:30:13

Hello @ricknbeachcrest,

When trying to access the web GUI of the Access Point, please be sure A7 is connected to the host router with an Ethernet cable, then try accessing its web GUI via http://tplinkwifi.net.

Options
Re:Accessing the control screens while in Access Point mode
2022-03-11 15:31:13
OK, I did as you suggested. And it worked. So maybe you can answer this for me? Before changing the mode to AP, I set the IP address to 192.168.1.3 When in AP mode, the IP address is 192.168.1.157 When I put this address into the browser, it goes right to the AP's GUI. Is the AP getting its IP address from the router (DHCP)? And I'm guessing that by using tplinkwifi.net , that the browser is going to tplink and then redirected to my GUI for the AP? I appreciate the help. Thanks. Rick
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 2