Slow internet speed compared to modem (ethernet) on Archer AX73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-14 18:37:08
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211222 rel.74632(5553)

Hi,

I've had relatively slower than expected internet speed and latency, even on ethernet. I have a 1000 Mbps internet speed plan with my ISP. When connecting an ethernet directly into the modem, I get up to 960 Mbps speeds, but when I connect it to the router, I get up to 300 Mbps.

I've searched for possible culprits, such as disabling QOS but it seems this router doesn't support it (or automatically handles it?). I've also disabled priority devices, but I'm not sure what else to try out. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow internet speed compared to modem (ethernet) on Archer AX73
2022-03-15 01:42:01

Hello @saifa1

The QoS settings for AX73 could be different from other models like AX50 or AX6000, it can only be configured via the Tether app now, please check the below guide:

How to configure the HomeShield QoS feature on a TP-Link Router

Please try disabling it, then monitor the speed.

Options
Re:Slow internet speed compared to modem (ethernet) on Archer AX73
2022-06-23 09:10:59

@Kevin_Z  Like the original poster, this sort of subpar performance is what we are also encountering with the AX73. In our instance, QoS was not active.  This router is trash if it so severely restricts one's internet speeds.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 818

Replies: 2

Related Articles