Ethernet Backhaul with 4 deco satellites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-20 02:16:10
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I have 2 new Deco X90s and 2 new Deco W7200s  connected via Ethernet in my house. Three devices are all connected via Ethernet to the main router via a switch. Ethernet Backhaul is working on the two W7200's. But the second X90 is connecting via WiFi instead of the Ethernet cable it is attached to.

The set up is as follows:

Cable Modem via Ethernet cable directly to X90 Main Router, which is connected via Ethernet cable directly to TP-link 8 hub switch. Three Ethernet cables from switch to ports that connect to X90 Satellite, W7200 Satellite #1, and W7200 Satellite #2 in other parts of the house. The ports are all working and I've checked the cords throughout; they are okay. But the closest one to the main router, the X90 is connecting via WiFi backhaul instead of Ethernet

Is there a limit to how many satellites can be attached to the main router by Ethernet Backhaul? I couldn't figure that out from the documentation. (Maybe I'm missing something?) I would like to add one more to a remote part of my property via Ethernet as well, but if there is a limit to the number of satellites in a system, I'm not sure how to configure this.

Should I run them all on WiFi Backhaul instead of Ethernet? Or via Access Point somehow? Or am I missing something in the current configuration? The TP-link switch is TL-SG108E. All of the software is up-to-date.

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul with 4 deco satellites
2022-03-21 02:47:49

@Weaver 

Hi, there is no limit to how many satellites can be attached to the main router by Ethernet Backhaul.

Would it make any difference when switching the satellite X90 with one of the W7200? or connecting satellite Deco X90 to another port from TL-SG108E?

Thank you and wait for your update.

Options
2022-03-21 13:14:46

@David-TP Thank you for your quick response! I'm planning to add a few more Decos to my system in the next few weeks, so this information is invaluable! I moved the misbehaving Deco to another Ethernet connection and it now works. I have determined that the problem is the cable going from the switch at the Main Router to the port in the wall where the Deco was connected. The cable is dead (checked with my computer). But I was confused about how many Decos I could put on Ethernet Backhaul on my system, and I'm delighted to know I can put as many as I want on there. Thank you for letting me know!

Options
2022-03-24 02:58:52

@Weaver 

Thank you for the update.

The following link might help:How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 694

Replies: 3

Related Articles