Configure multiple wireless PCs to work with Xbox Live Multiplayer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-22 23:27:43
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20210226 rel.34930

I recently purchased the Archer A6 and have since lost the ability to connect my childrens' laptops to their friends' Minecraft worlds. When checking the XBox Networking Connection status, I see the NAT Type is set to Strict which is preventing me from connecting to the other worlds. I can run the laptops from my phone hotspot and they are able to connect to the worlds which narrows the problem to the router. 

I have done quite a bit of Googling to resolve the issues and have been unsuccessful. I have limited networking knowledge and am having a hard time resolving what should be a fairly simple process. 

I reset network connections on the laptops. 

I have ensured UPnP is enabled.

I have added the ports to Port Triggering (I believe this only works for Ethernet-connected devices?)

I have attempted to set static IPs on both laptops and tried to place them in the DMZ but can only place one. Wiped that and disabled DMZ

I tried to set the devices as virtual servers for Port Forwarding but cannot assign ports to both devices. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Configure multiple wireless PCs to work with Xbox Live Multiplayer
2022-03-23 02:34:50

@JosephK 

Adding the Archer A6 to the network may cause a double NAT if there is a modem router already. You can try to switch the A6 to AP mode as per this guide (Case 1), then check again if the NAT type will change.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Configure multiple wireless PCs to work with Xbox Live Multiplayer
2022-03-23 03:42:37

Our home internet is a T-Mobile 5G gateway. The gateway doesn't provide for port forwarding or any configuration. Their tech support had recommended the Archer A6. 

In the past, I had a cable modem/router which worked as a plug and play. I'll follow the guide and see if AP mode helps. 

Thanks for the reply. 

@Kevin_Z 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 2

Related Articles