M9 slow wired connection to gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-26 15:30:50
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My M9 speed seems to be limited. I just had a new Verizon gateway installed and when connecting my phone or laptop to the gateway, I'm hitting 300mpbs. I connected the Deco to the gateway via ethernet cable and ran a speed test from the Deco unit in the app and am only getting 200mpbs. 

Any thoughts/ideas why that might be? I would be expecting to hit 300mpbs on my Deco speed test.

Options
2 Reply
Re:M9 slow wired connection to gateway
2022-03-28 06:51:46 - last edited 2022-03-28 06:56:02

@Elucid 

Hi, if you go to Deco APP>More>HomeCare>QOS, what is the total bandwidth here?

And May I know the model number of the Verizon gateway?

Have you ever tested the speed on the clients themselves when they are connected to the 5Ghz of Deco in case the speedtest via Deco APP is not accurate?

Options
Re:M9 slow wired connection to gateway
2022-03-28 14:47:50

@David-TP 

My initial troubleshooting took me to the QoS settings, which I ran a speed test from the Deco router and it was maxed at 200Mpbs. I manually adjusted it to 350Mbps and ran a speed test from my phone and still only maxed at 200Mbps.

I have a Verizon G3100 gateway and an E3200 extender.

Through the deco app, I verified my phone (iphone 13 pro) is connected via 5ghz.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 409

Replies: 2

Related Articles