Daylight Savings problem in HomeShield

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-03 11:00:39
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Daylight savings just finished here in Melbourne, Australia today.  My Deco app says the router is set to the correct time, but I noticed the Bedtime I have set for my children kicked in an hour early...i.e. I have it set to a 9.30pm bedtime and my son lost his wifi connection at 8.30pm.

I've found some other posts about this, but not quite the same issue...as I say the router's time looks fine, but it's as though HomeShield doesn't understand DST has gone off.

Any suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Daylight Savings problem in HomeShield
2022-04-06 06:16:57

@JuzDU 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Bedtime usually starts "on the night before" so I wonder maybe the DSL hasn't been finished then.

In this way, it would happen once and after that, it will take effect at the correct time.

So I wonder whether you are still having the same issue now?

Thanks again and wait for your reply.

Options
2022-04-06 06:59:58
DST finished here at 3am on the Sunday morning, it was that night that my son was cut off at 8.30pm instead of 9.30pm. I've changed bedtime to 10.30pm and he tells me it's cutting him off at 9.30 now. I'll double check that for sure tonight and reply back. I have some learning to do on HomeShield I guess, I do thinks like "Reward" my child with an extra 30m and bedtime starts at the scheduled time anyway, so I guess I have to work out why that happens. Maybe "Reward" only works for time limits, not bedtime?
Options
2022-04-06 22:43:01
@David-TP, it's definitely still an issue, I have to have the kid's bedtime set an hour later than the real time in order to shut it off at my desired time. I have 3 kids with different bedtimes set, and for all 3 of them, their wifi is being blocked 1 hour before the bedtime I've set in HomeShield Pro.
Options
2022-04-07 08:59:32

@JuzDU 

Thank you very much for the further update.

In this way, I will forward your case to the engineers for further assistance.

Please check whether you could get an email from us.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 529

Replies: 4

Related Articles